I have been tagged by Rick Weinberg (The Tech Ed Guy) with a meme, which is sort of a blog chain letter.
- Post these rules before you give your facts
- List 8 random facts about yourself
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.
My 8 random facts
- I worked on a City of Los Angeles survey crew one summer and walked the entire length of Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills measuring curb cuts. The crew chief refused to use my newfangled calculator because he didn’t “believe in it.”
- My middle name provides mild amusement. “What’s your middle name?” “Kay” “No, your whole name!” “Kay” … hilarity ensues.
- My first job in ed tech was drawing underwear on a black and white line drawing of a naked baby. It was a Hypercard stack created in England designed to teach children about body parts, and the drawing with body part labels had to have underwear, or else American schools wouldn’t buy it.
- I am a second generation Los Angeles native, a distinction only important in Los Angeles.
- A big tree in my yard caught fire (spark from a bigger nearby park fire) and it’s on YouTube. No real damage, amazingly enough.
- I was within a few blocks of ed-tech blogger Technospud, Jen Wagner on August 16, 1977, the day Elvis died. We discovered this through the POWER OF THE INTERNET!!!
- That seems like enough…
I’m not exactly sure who started this meme or where anyone else’s lists are. I know I’ve seen a few, but it seems like too much work to try to track down who has been tagged already. If you’d like to blog about 8 random things, I give you permission to blame me.
8 People to tag next: You, you, you, you there in the back row, you, those two over there, and sure why not, you.