Presentations and keynotes (videos)
New Zealand Principals Conference 2018
INTED 2018 – (30 minute keynote) A Global Revolution Goes to School: The Maker Movement.
TECH 2017 – UNESCO Changemaker Conference keynote – Design and Innovation in Schools. This is a 15 minute opening keynote as part of a “provocation” panel on the topic of design and school innovation. The video of the entire session is here.
Sylvia Martinez keynote Design-Innovation TECH2017 from Sylvia Martinez on Vimeo.
ISTE 2014 Session: Top Tools of the Maker Movement for Classrooms (a 9 minute excerpt about 3D printing)
Keynote – Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference (CMTC) – A Global Revolution Goes the School: The Maker Movement
ELH Keynote (video) – Hard Fun and Problem Solving – Where Computing Meets Tinkering and Design
Closing Keynote – Maker Possibilities Day (Maker Faire event sponsored by MakerEd Foundation and Intel) – The Top Ten Things Maker Educators Know (video got lost). Text here.
Keynote for online Global Education Conference 2017
Top Ten Classroom Tools of the Maker Movement
What Can Educators Learn from the Maker Movement (Sneak Peek for ISTE 2014)
K12Online Building Learning Keynote: Making the Case for Making in the Classroom (with Gary Stager)
- No Such Thing – Learning in the Digital Age
- Podcast: Mindstorms – A Maze of Cognitive Turbulence – A 4 part conversation about Seymour Papert’s book Mindstorms and implications for education today.
- Ed Tech Bites: What’s the connection between learning and tinkering?
- Teaching and Learning TalkRadio Interview
TL TalkRadio Podcast Link (Resources page)
- Vickie “Cool Cat Teacher” Davis hosted me for a 10 minute podcast about “The 3 Mistakes Teachers Make About Tinkering” on her podcast, “The 10-Minute Teacher Show.“
Books (See all at CMK Press)
- Invent to Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
- Chapter in Creating the Coding Generation in Primary Schools (Ten Considerations for Teaching Coding to Children) with Gary Stager
- Meaningful Making: Projects and Inspirations for Fab Labs and Makerspaces (with Paulo Blikstein and Heather Pang) (Volumes 1 & 2)
- Making Science: Reimagining STEM Education in Middle School and Beyond
- The Invent to Learn Guide to Making in the K-3 Classroom: Why, How, and Wow!
- The Invent to Learn Guide to Fun
- The Art of Digital Fabrication: STEAM Projects for the Makerspace and Art Studio
- Help! There’s a Makerspace in my Library, Makerspace on a Shoestring, and Making a Makerspace – School Outfitters
- How to Course Correct STEM Education to Include Girls – EdTech K-12 Magazine
- The Maker Movement: A Learning Revolution – ISTE Learning and Leading Magazine feature article
- A Trend Worth Watching: The Maker Movement – ON CUE California Computer Using Educators
- The Maker Movement Believes In ‘Kid Power’ – Classroom Q&A Blog for Teacher Magazine
- Meet the Makers: How the Maker Movement Could Change Schools for Good. – Cover story for Tech & Learning magazine.
- How the Maker Movement is Transforming Education – a We Are Teachers Special Report
- What Schools Can Learn from the Maker Movement – in HaYidion, the magazine of RAVSAK: The Jewish Community Day School Network.
- Lessons from the Maker Movement for K-12 Educators – ASCD SmartBlog
- Classroom Tinkerers and Inventors – A MiddleWeb Blog