Presentations and keynotes (videos)
ISTE 2014 Session: Top Tools of the Maker Movement for Classrooms (a 9 minute excerpt about 3D printing)
Keynote – Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference (CMTC) – A Global Revolution Goes the School: The Maker Movement (New Hampshire December 2014)
ELH Keynote (video) – Hard Fun and Problem Solving – Where Computing Meets Tinkering and Design
New York Maker Faire Spotlight (video) – Making the Case for Making in the Classroom (with Gary Stager)
Closing Keynote – Maker Possibilities Day (Maker Faire event sponsored by MakerEd Foundation and Intel) – The Top Ten Things Maker Educators Know (video coming soon). Text here.
Keynote for online Global Education Conference 2017
What Can Educators Learn from the Maker Movement (Sneak Peek for ISTE 2014)
K12Online Building Learning Keynote: Making the Case for Making in the Classroom (with Gary Stager)
- Vickie “Cool Cat Teacher” Davis hosted me for a 10 minute podcast about “The 3 Mistakes Teachers Make About Tinkering” on her podcast, “The 10-Minute Teacher Show.”
- Interview with EduTechGuys at FETC 2017
- Making is a Stance Towards Learning – Interview with Howard Rheingold (video)
- American RadioWorks – Steven Smith interviews me about our book and the value of “making” in education.
- What Are the Basics Every Teacher Should Know About the Maker Movement? – interviewed by Larry Ferlazzo on BAM Radio
- Learning by Doing: Inside the Maker Movement interview by Vicki Davis (Cool Cat Teacher) where we chat about the maker movement and what it means for educators on her BAM Radio network show, Every Classroom Matters With Cool Cat Teacher
- Gamification, Constructivism, Khan Academy, and Learning. EdGamer 47: Is Khan Academy a Monday Solution? (The EdReach Network)
- Post-keynote interview at the Australian Council for Educational Computing (ACEC 2010) in Melbourne, Australia. “FutureTense” on the ABC National Radio network Download audio
- Bringing Student Voice into Educational Technology (Radio TICAL) – Direct podcast link (MP3)
- Co-author with Gary Stager Invent to Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
- Chapter in Creating the Coding Generation in Primary Schools (Ten Considerations for Teaching Coding to Children) with Gary Stager
- Meaningful Making: Projects and Inspirations for Fab Labs and Makerspaces (with Paulo Blikstein and Heather Pang)
- Making Science: Reimagining STEM Education in Middle School and Beyond
- The Invent to Learn Guide to Making in the K-3 Classroom: Why, How, and Wow!
- The Invent to Learn Guide to Fun
- Help! There’s a Makerspace in my Library, Makerspace on a Shoestring, and Making a Makerspace – School Outfitters
- How to Course Correct STEM Education to Include Girls – EdTech K-12 Magazine
- The Maker Movement: A Learning Revolution – ISTE Learning and Leading Magazine feature article
- A Trend Worth Watching: The Maker Movement – ON CUE California Computer Using Educators
- The Maker Movement Believes In ‘Kid Power’ – Classroom Q&A Blog for Teacher Magazine
- Meet the Makers: How the Maker Movement Could Change Schools for Good. – Cover story for Tech & Learning magazine.
- How the Maker Movement is Transforming Education – a We Are Teachers Special Report
- What Schools Can Learn from the Maker Movement – in HaYidion, the magazine of RAVSAK: The Jewish Community Day School Network.
- Lessons from the Maker Movement for K-12 Educators – ASCD SmartBlog
- Classroom Tinkerers and Inventors – A MiddleWeb Blog
High-res headshot and book cover images