Sylvia Martinez – Session Resources
“Making in the classroom is not a shopping list or a special place, it’s a stance towards learning.”
Recent slidedecks & session resources
Making in Education Resources
Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom by Sylvia Martinez and Gary Stager. (Second Edition) Completely revised and expanded, the book called the “bible of the maker movement in schools” has helped thousands of educators embrace the tools, technology, and mindset of the “maker movement” in learning spaces. The website contains resources, links, a free book club guide, recommended books, workshop handouts, and more. www.InventToLearn.com
Invent To Learn is available at Amazon.com and other online retailers in paperback, hardcover, and e-book format. For volume discounts, wholesale, or POs, contact CMK Press.
Getting Started with Making in Education (Articles by Sylvia Martinez)
- Help! There’s a Makerspace in my Library
- Makerspace on a Shoestring – Suggestions for elementary, middle, and high schools – product and project recommendations.
- Making a Makerspace – Planning tips and ideas.
- Top ten ways to start with “maker education” – includes links to recommended resources, educator blogs, advice for getting started, forums, and shopping lists.
Girls and STEM Resources
I believe that there are many good things happening to support gender equity in STEM education, however, there are many things left to do. This presentation offers a view from K-12 through college to the job market with recommendations about what’s working and what still needs to happen. Extensive resource list included.
- Girls and STEM: Making it Happen at sylviamartinez.com/girls-stem
- Making for All: How to Build an Inclusive Makerspace at EdSurge http://bit.ly/inclusive-maker
- What a Girl Wants: Self-directed learning, technology, and gender at http://bit.ly/what-girls-want
See more books from Constructing Modern Knowledge Press (cmkpress.com):
Presentations, webinars, and blog at sylviamartinez.com
The Professional Learning Event of the Year!
Constructing Modern Knowledge Summer Institute 2023. CMK is a minds-on institute for educators committed to creativity, collaboration and computing. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in intensive computer-rich project development with peers and a world-class faculty. Inspirational guest speakers and social events round out the fantastic event. Join us July 11-14, 2023 in Manchester, NH.
More information at ConstructingModernKnowledge.com
Bring Sylvia Martinez to your school, organization, or conference!
Professional development, workshops, and consulting are available. See our calendar of events or choose from topics.