Students across the US have been listening to news about Hurricane Sandy, or perhaps even experiencing it live! There is no better way to introduce subjects than to start with students’ own experience. Here are some sites from Edutopia – Eight Classroom Resources to Help Teach About Hurricane Sandy.
- Hurricane Educational Resources from NOAA (National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration).
- Hurricanes/Tropical Cylcones Information from NASA.
- Teaching and Learning About Hurricanes and Teaching Hurricane Sandy: Ideas and Resources from the New York Times.
- A Beginning List of The Best Online Resources for Hurricane Sandy by Larry Ferlazzo.
- The Science of Hurricane Sandy from Scientific American.
- The full moon’s effect on Hurricane Sandy from National Geographic.
- Forces of Nature from PBS LearningMedia.
- Hurricane Sandy Resources and Storm Tide Mapper from the USGS.