I’m happy to announce a new resource for laptop schools – or schools planning a laptop implementation. Student Support of Laptop Programs (PDF) covers all aspects of creating a highly effective student support team for your laptop program. Research, planning tips, case studies, and practical suggestions are packed into 16 pages.
- Student tech support teams in a laptop school
- Student support for teachers and students using laptops in classrooms
- How (and why) to include students on planning committees
- Students as trainers and mentors for new users
- How students can make a laptop rollout go smoother
- How to train and sustain a student technology team in support of laptops
This is a great resource to share with your laptop implementation team. I hope you enjoy it and share it widely!
A special thank you to the fabulous teachers who shared stories about their wonderful students:
- Ann Powers at Tongue River Middle School – Ranchester, WY
- Debbie Kosvedy at Shadow Mountain HS – Paradise Valley, AZ
- Steve Spaeth at Mt. Ararat Middle School – Topsham, ME
- Don Kinslow at Parkview Elementary – Chico, CA
- Cherilyn Ziemer at Northland Christian School – Houston, TX